in Plant City, FL
Dental emergencies are relatively common, but many people do not know what to do when they experience one. While you might panic and visit the ER for a dental-related issue, many emergency doctors are not equipped to handle emergency dentistry—leaving patients with incomplete treatment, unresolved symptoms, and a referral to the dentist. Instead of paying an arm and a leg for emergency services, call Inspired Dentistry of Plant City first. Plant City emergency dentist Dr. Hussein Abdulameer and his dedicated and knowledgeable team provide excellent care during the direst dental emergencies and help patients return to everyday routines.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
It can be tricky to decipher whether you need to set up an emergency dental appointment (or not). While every circumstance is unique, the most common dental emergencies include:
- Toothache or jaw pain: Dr. Hussein must identify the source of discomfort and treat it accordingly. Treatment may consist of an infected tooth extraction, restorative dental treatment, or other measures to alleviate dental pain.
- Cracked, loose, or knocked-out tooth: Our Plant City emergency dentist will prescribe treatment depending on your smile’s damage. In the best-case scenario, Dr. Hussein can reattach your tooth if the problem is treated within a few hours.
- Damaged or lost dental work: Whether you broke a natural tooth or convincing restoration, our emergency dentist can repair smiles through state-of-the-art restorative dentistry.
Of course, if you feel your life is at risk or believe your jaw could be broken, please visit the nearest emergency room or call 911.
Don’t Ignore Dental Emergencies!
Dental emergencies seem scary or overwhelming, but it’s important not to ignore them. Whether it’s a severe toothache or a broken tooth, these issues need to be addressed right away. Ignoring the problem can lead to exacerbation of pain, further deterioration of the tooth, and other long-term effects. Ultimately, seeking proper care for dental emergencies can save you from prolonged discomfort and complications in the future. Be proactive and prioritize your oral health–your smile will thank you!
Manage Your Symptoms
When you’re in the throes of a dental emergency, it’s essential to remain calm and treat your physical symptoms to the best of your ability. For instance, if you’re suffering from:
- Swelling: Often, swelling is a sign of an oral infection, which can quickly take a turn for the worse. We strongly suggest scheduling a same-day dental appointment if you’re experiencing swelling in the gums or the soft tissue lining of the mouth.
- Discomfort: Pain is the body’s way of telling us something is wrong. So, if you’re suffering from a toothache or jaw pain, seek emergency services and manage discomfort with over-the-counter topical analgesics and pain medication.
- Bleeding: With a clean, folded piece of gauze or cloth, press the bleeding site with firm pressure to control bleeding. Once the bleeding stops, avoid yawning, laughing, and agitating the wound (which may recommence bleeding).
- Broken or loose tooth: If your permanent tooth breaks or falls out, pick it up from the crown (top of the tooth) and store the tooth pieces in a glass of milk or water.
- Broken or loose restoration: If you have an existing dental filling, crown, or implant-supported restoration, it might feel loose, broken, or knocked out one day. If this happens, store the artificial tooth in a plastic bag and book an emergency dental appointment pronto!
Meet with Our Plant City Emergency Dentist Today
At Inspired Dentistry of Plant City, Dr. Hussein and his team want to keep you as comfortable and content as possible while resolving your emergency dentistry hang-up. Contact our Plant City emergency dental clinic at (813) 754-2605 for gentle and compassionate care.